Wednesday, April 27, 2011

I think it could be spring...finally...

Honestly, I just couldn't think of a more interesting title for this. This is a catch all blog entry, so I'm just going to ramble.

Harper is starting her second heat cycle, so it looks like she's going to be an every-six-months kind of girl. Nancy was hoping she'd only go every nine months, mostly so I could be more consistent with her agility training.  Her poor little lady parts are all swollen and she has moments of extreme hyper activity coupled with just passing out on the floor.

I had to cancel our May 02, 2011 agility class with ARF. I'm pretty disappointed that we won't be able to attend, but the rules are pretty clear about having a bitch in heat in class. Harper and I did go to Nancy's this past weekend and worked on sequences, front crosses, rear crosses, and course strategy. I'm not going to lie, it was a liiiiiiiiittle bit over my head in practice, but I did understand the concepts. I think that even though we can't make it to this particular class, we'll be right on track if not ahead of everyone when we return.

Hilary had the baby!!! She's really cute. I've done my best to keep Harper confined to my room. As soon as the baby's immune system starts increasing and Hilary gets used to life with a newborn, things will more or less return to normal. I can't really take Harper out because of the weird weather we've been having. It either rains or storms every day. The baby's name is Vivian Rose Draper. She's pretty adorable!

Nancy and I have been going back and forth on to whom to breed Harper when the time comes. Its an ever present conversation, and somehow we always circle back to the same dogs. Because Harper is a blue, our choices are limited to only black dogs. Which is fine, because there are some really nice black dogs. One in particular is "Frodo," who is owned by Nancy's friend April.

He's lovely and low, and his mother is one of my all time favorite bitches, "Mystic," bred by Betty Ann of Pecan Valley. Plus, he's already in Harper's pedigree once, and its the closest thing to  line breeding I'm going to get. I'm praying I get something heavy boned and nice. I don't want something quite as low as Frodo, but I am hoping that his extreme front will give Harper some much needed wrap and turn out.

The dating thing is...eh....whatever. Depressing. LOL. I don't know why I bother. Anyway.

I need to get my finances in order, but the thought of doing that is depressing and hard. I at least need to get my student loans squared away.

I guess that's it for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment