Friday, May 13, 2011

Sleepless in Columbus

So here I am. Can't sleep. Covered in poison sumac. Filled with vitamins and steroids. Legs blotted with bruises and scratches from digging at myself in my sleep.

Pretty picture? I know. I'm living the dream. The past two weeks I had bronchitis very badly. Now all this week its been hives and sumac. I've been down for almost a month. God I hope this stuff clears up soon. I dread to think what plagues will be heading my way next.

This is rather a pointless and ranting blog entry about my ex, Scott. Although, I'm not sure he can technically be an ex. We were never really together. The man was creepy. Fine. I came out and said it. He was absolutely positively the kind of guy made your skin crawl: but, it was a subtle thing. Scott was creepy in a way I couldn't put my finger on, until his drunken episode on my 30th birthday party.

I haven't seen Scott since that day. I don't want to see Scott ever again, or talk to him, or run into him, or think about him. He, apparently, does not feel that way about me. He emailed me on April 23 and told me he was checking into rehab the next day. Then, he emailed me on May 11 and again told me he was checking himself into rehab, also for the next day. His next move was to send a text asking me for my help in finding someone to care for his 90 lb dog while he was in rehab. He said that he KNEW I didn't want to talk to him, but that it was for the dog.

  The first time he emailed me and told me he was going in to rehab, I was polite but firm. I told him that I was glad I had encouraged his desire to rehabilitate himself, but that I didn't want anything else to do with him. The second time, I did not respond. If I had responded, I would have been rude and that would have been pointless.

Well, I've moved on. Kind of. I've been seeing this guy named Chris, but I'm not really holding out hope. He's cool and everything. He doesn't give my friends the creeps, which is always a plus. He seems super interested, but then I saw on Facebook that he was taking a girl to her brother's wedding. He has not mentioned that to me. Its enough to make me want to back way off, but I'm willing to see if he'll tell me on his own. Hrm. I guess its not a huge deal. He's not really everything I'm looking for. I'd really rather for my future mate to have a good job and be a little bit more thoughtful. Who doesn't wish that, though?

And he does have positives: he's super cute, he's a hard worker, he's out doorsey, he make enough of a living to have a decent house, he LOVES dogs, he seems like a nice guy.

I don't know, though. You can't put your eggs into one basket, but when you date too many people you start to wonder why you even bother.

Dating is a bitch, that's for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment